Thursday 29 September 2011

Persistence and stalking- line, what line?

Truth be told, the only reason I'm writing this
is because I can't watch TV today (which is all
good since Man United are playing and they
will in all probability win- I that team-
off topic), and truth be told I really haven't
been in any situation that's even slightly
reminiscent of the one on topic (the road to
hell is paved with hyperbole and deceit- js
saying).
Just read a blog (no library, magazine stand
where I live, and the only newspaper I ever
see is the sunday sun- not even sunday
world- off topic again) titled ''6 signs that
indicate that u are in the friendzone'' and the
only comment that caught my eye in villa de
commenta was- ''If u think u MIGHT be in the
friendzone, then u DEFINITELY are''. Got me
thinking, why is it then that a dude will
decide to chase a girl, get a ''No, not even if u
r the last man on earth'' type response and
still persist in the ''pursuit''? It's clear that
what I was thinking and what GOT me
thinking have no causal connection
whatsoever (I never said it would). I came up
with a few possible, maybe not that probable
reaons; gather round the fire kids, dada
'bouts to breaks it down.
1. Coming up in world that basically drums
the ''persistence is the only way to succeed
in life'' line into your head tends to do that
shit to a ninja. Think about it- if you are
constantly told never to take ''NO'' for an
answer if u are to succeed, hearing ''NO''
might trigger some shit in your brain that the
vocaliser neither anticipated nor desired.
Basically the ''you can be anything you want
to be'' talkery being fed to a zillion kids every
single day should be exposed for the
unrealistic, hyperbolic, evil, stalker-birthing
misconception it is. People have talents, and
we also have limitations, the sooner we
acknowldge and accept these, the better we
will be for it.
2. The line between ''ooh, that cute guy I met
ko Cappello the other day just called for the
fourth time today, I just wanna see how
serious he is, then, I might give him a taste''
and '' what a stalker, I only met him once ko
Cappello, fourth time today he called, I think I
might need permanent citizenship in
restrainingorederville (its a real place btw,
complete with unicorns, a straight Somizi
Mhlongo and an extremely intelligent Juju
baby)'' is completely dependent on whether
the girl likes you or not (it's really irritating
when even SHE doesn't know this). Basically a
ninja can be deemed a stalker by doing the
exact thing another ninja did and which
bagged him the tag ''soulmate''.
3. Nobody actually says what they mean or
means what they say. What the hell is ''letting
him down easy'' or ''playing hard to get''-
shit could get you killed!
4. Finally (personal favourite)- when a dude
gets shot down, they really have nothing to
lose from then on since the worst has already
happened. The ''persistence'' then becomes
(a last ditch effort to wear her down in which
case if any inkling of a positive result is
yielded- its pretty much a bonus, or, most
likely) utterly futile. On the other hand, if he
fails, then he is just back where he started.
With all that said, here's where what I said
above comes into the convo (yes, talking to
yourself still counts as ''having a
conversation''), generally people can tell,
albeit after a few altercations and trips to cell
block H, but people can tell whether their
''potential partner in coititude'' feels them or
not. This is not based on anything more than
what I like to call ''C-O-M-M-O-N-S-E-N-S-
E'' (well everybody calls it that, I know),
nothing scientific. Every single person knows
EXACTLY how people behave when they like
them, and when they don't- simple, isn't it?
Not really considering
(a) people behave/respond differently to
(wards) different stimuli (depending on
factors which are too many to mention here-
a few? time,timing, place, space, stability
(financial-let's not front) and availability- all
emotional and physical), why? because WE
ARE ALL DIFFERENT, and more importantly
(b) most people do-not-know-what-they-
want (until they actually see it, and even then
they still might need to be convinced to
actually grab it). My point? Persistence and
stalking: line? What line? *SN*

No comments:

Post a Comment